Thursday 10 November 2011

For Two Masquerading As One: My Twin

Moments of intense sorrows,
Heart pinching your very soul,
Mashing each second of your life
Into a painful knot inside your slowly melting mind.
Such are the beginnings of minutes of hurt.
You need not say a word my dear brother
I know the tugging ache of it all,
I feel it grow inside me daily,
I pray for it to disappear
Yet it feeds second by second on my fear.....
You know as I do, these times will pass,
But our lives it will encompass...
Not much we can do but bear the tears
And hope we'll get through at the other end,
With those we love by our side,
And our sanity close by intact.
While I will spill the beans to a few friends and you,
I know it is not in you to speak of the pain,
I respect your ways of coping,
I respect your space and you as you are,
But remember you have friends here who love you.
Should you be here or in that terrible spot,
You are never alone my Twin, never,
You have friends willing to stand by you,
As well as a sister in Extremes,
My brother from another mother,
Never will you be alone
through this ordeal.
Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment