Tuesday 7 August 2012

I was there, watching her water approaching, 
Yet it was London I was then missing, 
As the cold salty ocean reached out to me, 
It was clear back home I am no longer happy.

As I walked to her slowly anticipating
The icy grasp I had for so long been longing,
My mind raced back to where my heart and life now belong
Yes the love for her has gone but when it was there it was strong....

Biscarrosse, daughter of swamps and wild sands, 
Not matter how long and far you stretch out your hands, 
Even if in life and heart I will always be your daughter, 
It is not for you my heart is running after.

Oh mother of strong and hard minded people
You have lost the charm once bewitching all
A mere attraction you are now earthly mother
For you old and hidden beauty we no longer bother.

Your children have grown complacent
As quick as it left, your sweet pine scent
Along with it went the kindness, the charm
From me you may now forever close your welcoming arms.

In my heart I shall keep my childhood sun
Back from when it all begun
The memories of sweet treats and salty waters
But from you and the past little now matters.

Laurence Ramos
August, 8th. 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment