Wednesday 29 August 2012

I wish

I wish I knew
If what they say is true
If your words are heartfelt
Why each time something in me has to melt

I wish I had never
Reached out whenever
Life and hope seemed at the end
I wish for once I could pretend

I wish for no morning
To surprise my poor eyes crying
That my heart wasn't still utterly broken
Why all of this had to happen?

I wish I wasn't me
Just for one chance to be happy
To chase this thing inside
Forever eating away at my pride

I wish she in the mirror
Looking back at me, didn't invoke such horror
That she would fade slowly
And that with her death she would take me

I wish but there's no reason
To wish upon the pillow I cry on
To hope I was someone else ever
Happy and why not prettier!

I wish for the silence
To break along with my patience
To never wake again
This way I would know I wouldn't feel this pain

Laurie
30/08/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment