Tuesday 15 January 2013

A Heart's Illness


See, my soul is now filling with fumes
When someone I barely know assumes
My silence means I no longer am ready
To be around for you to see me....
Why make uninformed decisions
And lack with it a little compassion?

How could anyone wish for me to respect
When from me too much already they expect?
Am I not now old enough to know
How to act within my life though?
Never try to put upon me your expectation
When there is nothing between you and me but conversation....

And no, I no longer live by the shadows of my past
Could you not simply stop speaking too fast?
I may not respond immediately
But I have a life to live fully
Wait a little patiently, your words will be read
Should you show such a thing, I would be nicer instead...

~*~

Never assume,
For your life it will consume
Never expect
You will earn a little respect
Never should your mouth open
Too fast for the truth to soften
The anger your earned
I hope this lesson you too will have learned....
There is no account between us to be due
I owe nothing, least of all to you
My silence may well have been valid
And your harsh tone left me livid
Pressing me over my lack of conversation
Wasn't a reason for you to give an opinion
I breathe and live of my own accord
To speak in the heat of disappointment you cannot afford
I am nothing but words left upon a screen to you
And with this issue I am completely through...
My own babies in a more charming manner 
Know far better 
Than to offer their ill fated opinions
While assuming that it is for them or you an option
To demand to know for what reason
I wasn't coming to take part in childish conversation!
If you hope to make a friend in me
You will need to open your eyes and see
That I am not that alone in this world at all
And in this ill fated gap you better not again fall...


Laurence Ramos
January, 14th. 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment