Tuesday 5 February 2013

Along the paths of my soul

I wish you were here now, just here
To push away from those eyes the fear
I wish you were here to tell those children
That even if this horror happened often
It's not universal, it's not going to happen again
That once this is done, they will not know this pain...
But I wish that right now I was with you
In this life for me nothing will ever again be new
I'm tired Daniel, so tired you see
To wait and wait to be happy
We both know it's only a stupid idea
One that leads people to believe
To accept people who come only to leave
Happiness my father is never going to happen
I could see it in your eyes so often
And I see it every day on mine
But I must stay and stand up in line
Wait for the time that life claims my last breath finally
I must fake that feeling, that notion of being happy...
Until then I'll wait smiling
I've become so good at faking
I often marvel at my mastery
I live along life perfectly
Ignoring what would normally bring anger
Because I know that when I speak up others suffer, 
So I keep the pain and the sadness within
And I live this way, waiting
Waiting for the last breath most probably painful
Like the trails dug along the paths of my soul
I'll wait until I can finally join those I miss
And with the everlasting peace I shall know bliss
I would no longer cry in secret as I so often do
When in the middle of the day I can hear you
Singing to those old songs you used to play
Yes, I shall join you, sooner or later, I too will be on my way....

Laurence Ramos
5/2/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment