Saturday 3 March 2012

Drifting

Have you seen the smile fade away?
With the coming of the torrent of tears,
There was nothing anyone could say,
Not a whisper for her it appears.

She cried night and day, for the past
Letting the pain rule her mind so strong,
Across a plain of memories so vast,
Whatever they said, they did, it was all wrong…

She tried so often to believe the words utter to her,
She sought solace in the future unknown, cold,
Watched idea and plans roll in her mind aiming for summer,
Yet always she fell out of the dream’s fold.

Outside the sun shines so bright, in a canvass of blue,
The wind brings freshness and scents of spring to come,
Your words of hope to me no longer ring true,
Not saying you were lying, just that dreaming is only for some….

I am not some people, I am me, broken, tired,
You are you, full of promise, sweet friendship,
And when I finally get the lights off, lying on my bed,
I see the blood of this union of words slowly drip….

Gratefulness from the heart is all that I can offer
You tried so hard to bring hope in my mind, thank you,
Yet each time the idea floated away, faster and faster
And with it my dreams hurriedly flew.

No longer can I see in my eyes the spirit full of adventure,
A ghost resides within, mad and raging,
Consuming all I had good in me, I am sure,
And I let it, waiting patiently for the promised ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment