Saturday 24 November 2012

Condemned


I'd smile for a thousand years
If you were to push away my fears, 
Contentment, joy and happiness
I would bring to chase the mess
That life threw at you, at me
I would walk each mile to see you happy
Robbing night of its darkness infinite
So the moon could shine upon the tarnished granite
Of the street you walk upon at night
I would be your guide when you lose sight
You would be my inspiration to all I write
I would hide the pain from my heart 
Just so from you I never have to be apart
I would do so much to ensure another beginning
Keep quiet when I lack the understanding
stay away a little to allow you to recover 
N'importe quoi pour assurer ton bonheur....
But all this, this is a dream, it won't be true
Yet if only you looked, if you knew
Yet I am condemned to being here alone
In this silence, because of what I have done
And it hurts me more than arguments and fights
It extinguished that little light
It killed the hope that I nurtured within
Yet I cannot begin realising 
That you were so close, so so close to me
Yet you saw nothing, little did you see...

Laurence Ramos
November, 24th. 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment