Sunday 25 November 2012

Memories Gone By


I still feel the cold from that night
Seeing the marks left on my body
I tried with all my might
Not to show it, for anyone not to see
Yet it was inevitable that someone one day
For them to reappear 
Would notice the soul that lost its way
Full of pain, full of fear
And you couldn't protect me, 
I was too far from you to hear
And you were too far to see
That you were the one bringing the biggest fear
I would have forever been in your shadow, 
Being pushing you to greatness, 
Sacrifice more you could ever know 
So long as your life was out of the mess, 
I was there, I saw your worst, your best
I witnessed your words, your heart
I sat in the middle of your literary fest
Yet while always close by eternally apart
This eats up at me, always, always, 
I'd have smiled in your shadow
So long as there was light in your days, 
I would tried all for the sake of you to know
That I would, I will be there never far behind
Always, always, where I can watch over you
If you no longer are in my life, you are in my mind
Until this life has run it's path through...
If only, just if only we both walked on the same road
Understood each other's ways better, 
If only you saw me with a view that was broad, 
You'd have noticed within me the monster, 
Maybe it would have been avoided
But this word means nothing 
It is the master of where I'm headed
And you on that path I cannot be taking....

Laurence Ramos
November, 25th. 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment