Saturday 24 November 2012

Now I Cannot Lie


I was so confused and now I cannot lie
Because I have just realised why
But for all the words written in poetry
Expressing any of it wouldn't release me
From the bond, the link, the chain
That tightens around me, increasing the pain....
I can't live in this silence, yet I cannot tell you
So I'll accept this with a patience anew
The corridors of my nights lost their light
My demons have all won their fights
I stay there, in my bed staring at the ceiling
Not because I have to because of a memory teasing
It all swirls in my head so strong so fast,
From a time not so far past
Words exchanged at a time seemingly slow
When of all of this I blissfully didn't know
But now I wake up with my mind and heart tight
Of where all this was going I lost sight
And there's not much else to really say
Fuck this! I lost you and I lost my way.

Laurence Ramos
November, 24th. 2012
1.12pm

No comments:

Post a Comment