Sunday 9 October 2011

Life On Hold

You took my youthful mind,

you stole my happiness....



You made me hide my smile

Under a sad cloak of pain,

Made my home my cage,

Never let me feel as if I could walk away,



Each night you lay next to me,

I'd pray you'd breath your last,

I'd spend each prayer crying for you to leave...

How many mistakes did I need to make?



All the debts I'm left to deal with,

all the scars I have to face,

Each time I'd hide in the bathroom.....

What did you think I was doing there?



When a woman is ready to lie

to keep her husband away from her,

there's something wrong in the marriage....

When she cuts at night hidden in the bathroom.



The people saw and they thought it odd...

I chat to strangers but I am silent to those closest,

The knew I had no proper freedom, no free will,

Yet the community ignore the effects of it all on me....



They blamed all on me, all was my fault,

Me the bad woman, the angry one

Why not resist, why not rebel?

They didn't see what happened when I did so.....



None but one was there when hardship came,

none cared if I lived or did except that very person,

They'd see me cry, ignore me and move away.....

Times have changed, people went....



People around me, mostly care,

Outside or here, there's always someone here,

Some soul or heart to smile at me,

Bring a bit of hope to my battered heart.



I want to thank you all here,

And to thank Maxi,

the best friend I have ever had.

Life is good when you know someone somewhere cares.




No comments:

Post a Comment