Sunday 9 October 2011

River Beneath

Flow along my skin warm, thick, free flowing,

Like emotions released through the blade,

Escaped from my soul, freed from within,

Painful memory, hurt so many once forbade.



I can't bear to feel anymore,

I don't want to wake again,

I want to be with them once more,

So little of them now remain.



Like many rivers of tears flowing from the heart,

It never is of the proper depth to end,

Only there to release the pain from being apart,

Release emotion by loved ones lost have bent.



To cry is too painful,

To laugh is not enough,

To live the life of the remorseful,

To be the woman hidden behind a cloth.



So like my eyes it is weeping sorrowful, ineffective,

No substance full of pain, as shallow was the life I lead,

Pushed on by the loss, the pain, the lack of perspective,

Seeking the depth for the end, the ending of life instead.



It is only but a cut,

One, two, maybe three,

It is small but

One day, one will set me free......






No comments:

Post a Comment